Thursday, January 12, 2012

Funny how things happen...

Last night, I was working on the knit scrap afghan I have mentioned in previous posts. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the afghan when I started it - was trying out a new technique. Even after working on the afghan off and on for months (I don't work on afghans in the summer).

Annalise was watching me work, and she said, "Mommy, is that for me?" I responded that I hadn't really thought of who it was for, but did she like it? She got her big, genuine smile (the one that lights up her whole face) and came over and started explaining how the afghan had all of the colors of the rainbow and that yes, she did like it. She took it from me and held it up to herself and declared that it was almost big enough for her.

My grandmother often said that what you make has its own idea of who it is for, even if you don't know. I do believe this afghan has found its owner!

No comments: